Full Database Encryption for SQLite
SQLCipher is an open source extension to SQLite that provides transparent 256-bit AES encryption of database files.Learn More » Get Started »
★SQLCipher Now Supports the iPhone 5, XCode 4.5, and armv7s. Find Out More.
- About – A high level introduction to SQLCipher's use and history
- Design – SQLCipher’s design philosophy and security features
- Documentation – How to integrate SQLCipher into your projects and products
- Downloads – Download SQLCipher code, or purchase pre-built binaries
- Support – Options for general or commercal support
SQLCipher has a small footprint and great performance so it’s ideal for protecting embedded application databases and is well suited for mobile development.
- Blazing fast performance with as little as 5-15% overhead for encryption
- 100% of data in the database file is encrypted
- Uses good security practices (CBC mode, key derivation)
- Zero-configuration and application level cryptography
- Algorithms provided by the peer reviewed OpenSSL crypto library.