Full Database Encryption for SQLite
SQLCipher is an open source extension to SQLite that provides transparent 256-bit AES encryption of database files.Open Source » Buy Now »
★Heartbleed Security Statement for SQLCipher. Learn More.
- About – A high level introduction to SQLCipher's use and history
- Design – SQLCipher’s design philosophy and security features
- Documentation – How to integrate SQLCipher into your projects and products
- Open Source - Download SQLCipher Community Edition code
- Buy – Purchase pre-built binaries
- Support – Options for general or commercal support
SQLCipher has a small footprint and great performance so it’s ideal for protecting embedded application databases and is well suited for mobile development.
- Blazing fast performance with as little as 5-15% overhead for encryption
- 100% of data in the database file is encrypted
- Uses good security practices (CBC mode, key derivation)
- Zero-configuration and application level cryptography
- Algorithms provided by the peer reviewed OpenSSL crypto library.
SQLCipher has been adopted as a secure database solution by many commercial and open source products, making it one of the most popular encrypted database platforms for Mobile, Embedded, and Desktop applications. More about the history of the SQLCipher project can be found here.